- trying to find how to autostart a guest VM at host startup
- trying to google for information on above
The option is somewhat "hidden" in the new VMware 2.0 web interface.
- open VMware Infrastructure Web Access (ie. the web interface)
- click on the VMware host name to select it (within the Inventory, on left)
- click Edit Virtual Machine Startup/Shutdown Settings (on right)
- click the VM to select it
- click "Move Up" or "Move Down" into the correct category as you see fit
- click "Ok"
Hope this short write-up helps someone...