Friday, September 10, 2010

OpenWRT 10.03 on TP-Link WR-1043ND wifi not accessible

Recently bought a TP-Link WR-1043ND, and after trying out the current latest firmware from TP-Link, immediately tried to install OpenWRT on it.

Following the instructions on the OpenWRT wiki, and installed version 10.03, which is the latest stable release. The installation went without a hitch, and I was immediately trying out the web-interface, but the installation didn't detect the wifi interface. After a period of Googling, rebooting and general fiddling, I gave up, and installed the latest beta release, 10.03.1-rc3.

This time, it immediately detected the wifi interface, and I'm now happily using and exploring OpenWRT.

2 comments:

levicki said...

Problem is in the wireless detection script that writes "radio0" to /etc/config/wireless while real device name is "wifi0". Second problem is that channel has to be set (auto does not work).

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem and levicki's tip about /etc/config/wireless did the trick. But in my case, I had to change the file to use wlan0 instead of wifi0.