Monday, October 10, 2011

connectify.me caused Virtualbox 4.1.4 installation to fail

Am relating my experiences here in the hope that it helps someone.


I was happily running VirtualBox 4.1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit, with connectify.me.

When VirtualBox 4.1.4 was released, my problems started. The installer for 4.1.4 uninstalled 4.1.2 properly, but it couldn't install properly, hanging at around the 80% mark (on the progress bar), without any error messages or CPU/hard-disk activity. The installer was still listed in the task manager, and could be terminated gracefully. However it simply refused to complete.

On a gut feel, I uninstalled connectify.me, went through the requisite reboots, and the subsequent installation of Virtualbox 4.1.4 went without a hitch.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can verify exactly the same behavior.

Virtualbox 4.1.6

Connectify 1.0.4089 according to file info.

Could get VB to install correctly by stopping Connectify process.

After install of VB 4.1.6 Connectify crashes.

Guessing driver incompatibility,

Ho Hock Jim said...

I don't recall having to disable either dropbox or connectify.me when upgrading from 4.1.4 to 4.1.6.

That said, you're probably right that (depending on the system), the applications that "hooks" into the network probably has some OS locks, and the first step should be to close/disable all the apps and services that performs virtual networking or has a network driver.