They are meant to serve as a reminder of certain important steps that may be commonly missed by jailbreak-ers who skip the README files or detailed guides.
It is not meant to be a detailed guide for every step, which can be found elsewhere.
- Unencrypt iTunes backup (if encrypted)
- Disable PIN lock (if enabled)
- Disable corporate Microsoft Exchange account(s) that enforces PIN/passcode lock (if necessary)
(Removing the Exchange configuration is not necessary, just disable by turning to "Off" the toggles for Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders)
- Backup iOS device to iTunes
- Jailbreak to evasi0n
- Re-enable Exchange account(s)
- Re-encrypt iTunes backup