- stability updates for ar71xx devices
- a much prettier luci
- a desire to try the multi-wan (and wanted to be on the most updated version)
Definitely took the easy way out this time.
- did an upgrade this time round (instead of a full install)
- used the web-based upgrade (instead of command line)
- used the *sysupgrade.bin and preserved settings
It was reasonably painless, but reasonably being a relative thing, I decided to list the various "gotchas" that I faced.
- wan wasn't correctly configured
- luci -> Network -> Interfaces -> WAN -> Physical Setting
re-configured to point to eth0.2
- luci -> Network -> Interfaces
"Stop" and "Connect"
- opkg source wasn't updated: updated /etc/opkg.conf by hand
from: src packages http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages
to: src packages http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1/ar71xx/packages
That done, I proceeded to reinstall the packages I use.